Provide a First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting HLTAID012 including CPR
Covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. Applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Pre-Course Reading Required
Group pricing available
4 hours face-to-face training after completion of the online learning and assessment.
Assessment is at the end of the course to show the instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation. This will consist of a theory assessment and practical demonstrations.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment valid for 3 years*. This unit contributes to the approved first aid, anaphylaxis and asthma training in registered Children’s Services Providers.
Certificate contains the units:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
*Please note that the CPR component of the training is only valid for 12 months and should be updated annually.
Administer first aid for:
- minor wounds applying infection control procedures
- burns and electric shock
- eye and soft tissue injuries
- venomous bites and stings and allergic reactions
- spinal injuries and fractures
Manage a casualty suffering:
- external bleeding
- from shock
- drowning/near drowning
- head, chest and abdominal injuries
- temperature extremes
- seizures & convulsions, including febrile convulsions and epilepsy
Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
Operation of an AED
Determine principles for the assessment and movement of the sick and injured and first aid